Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Leaving Home

A few days of self-indulgence about to begin.  Day at a water park, two nights at a hotel.  Breakfast buffet.  Probably a nice dinner, maybe two, one with craft beer. A winery if nearby. Taking my laptop to do some neglected writing.  Setting aside every household chore, from tidying rooms to tending plants, though I could plan the spring's vegetable and herb gardens.  Leave the financial reviews until I return.  Leave the library book safely next to my bed at home.  Take my cell phone.  Take my medicines.  I think I'll take drawing pencils though not likely to use them.  Harmonica stays home.  

There's a balance between a few days idle and a few days looking to reset.  I'm achy, but don't want to take any NSAID right now.  I'm moody.  Sometimes new scenery and experiences improve that.  Start with a refreshing shower at home, then final addition of contents to duffle bag, then off to WaWa for gas and coffee, then Shop-Rite for maybe a donut, or maybe just the coffee.  Then about two hours of quiet car time.  A small but welcome break.


No comments: