Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Too Impulsive

In the wee hours of the morning the toilet adjacent to the master bedroom failed to refill.  I let the leaking noise disrupt my return to sleep but then got up to try to fix it.  I assumed the flapper did not close the outlet fully but when I manually pushed the flapper closed the fill still did not occur.  I shut off the water and on arising in the morning thought about just getting a new flapper or calling the plumber.  Having a fair amount to do, I asked my wife to call the plumber who came and replaced not only that flapper but another at about $100 each.  Had I been more patient or had it occurred on a day other than my only seriously scheduled one, I could have done that myself for about $5, then called if my self-repair failed to correct the problem.  Wanting it done now just got the better of me.  And I had no other plans for allocating that $200.

Image result for impulsive

No comments: