Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Soreness

After extension of a three day scheduled treadmill recovery time an additional three days, my sessions have resumed.  OLLI classes begin at 9AM most mornings, so to complete my program in time I need to start walking at 7:30AM.  Then I will have a half hour to dress and brew coffee into an insulated mug before I head off.  What I've not done well has been on the nutritional end, eating a reasonable breakfast before driving off.

My legs have gotten a bit sore with no meaningful reversal from my every third day off.  I am still able to complete my eight minute stretching session twice weekly without serious myalgia, though a bit of stiffness.  

While on the extended hiatus, prompted by soreness, I took a naproxen tablet night and morning but have suspended that.  I am reluctant to resume, though I tolerated the pills adequately and felt less pain.  I do not think the earlier exercise time has created the soreness and it has enabled me to not skip a session on days that I return home late.  

Just put up with this, a few more days, then reconsider the NSAID.



No comments: