Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Up on Time


Eventually, I prefer the late sunsets of Daylight Savings Time.  This third morning of the new clock settings I resolved to depart my bed at the specified time that I plan to keep permanent until either the next clock adjustment or time zone travel.  It was a struggle, but I am up, dental routine completed, newspaper moved from driveway to the front door, first k-cup of coffee brewed, and morning pills swallowed.  I need that coffee to serve its intended purpose, though that typically happens after the second cup.

I have two sleep trackers, one a smartphone app, the other a feature of my smartwatch.  They agree with cumulative sleep times, differing only by 8 minutes.  The phone breaks down the components.  About half it called REM or deep sleep, the other half light sleep or awake.  I know I was awake far in excess of the 49 minutes its highly fallible method calculated, as I could check the red numerals on the clock radio with some regularity for about 2 hours at about the mid-point of my nightly sleep session.

However, the first step of sleep regulation, with few exceptions, is a commitment to Up on Time.  For the first morning of DST, I did that.

No comments: