Pages

Monday, July 29, 2024

Treadmill Respite

At the transition of each month I grant myself a three day break from my treadmill schedule.  It is something I look forward to, perhaps even offering an incentive to push on as those off days approach.  The stretching component of my health program does not change, nor do I designate specific times to make major detours from a sensible diet.  But brisk walking, paced by the treadmill requires periodic recovery time.

To best assure that I will walk the walk on scheduled days, I've also set a reasonably fixed morning time to step onto the 3.2 mph belt.  It's not first thing in the morning, more typically after coffee and after checking my email and social media messages.  Having a stretch of days off frees up three mornings to do other things.  Sometimes I go out to breakfast.  More often I do not designate the newly captured time for any particular purpose.

Those three days pass quickly.  While the purpose is recovery from leg muscle strains, that is often incomplete by the next scheduled exercise session, though always adequate to resume my program.  New calendar month, new schedule resumes.  

No comments: